Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

We have a hot tub and the chlorine is reading 0. All other

Customer Question

Hello. We have a hot tub and the chlorine is reading 0. All other values are normal. How soon after adding chlorine can we use it?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 10 months ago.

That depends on how much you added but in most cases you should have only added 1 oz in 400 gallons and if that is true I would wait at least 2 hrs before entering the spa. If you are sensitive to chlorine then wait 6 hrs.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Do we need to shock it, since it's been at 0? It was clean a week ago, but not sure how long it's been at 0.

Yes I would put in 1 ounce of chlorine per 400 gallons and run spa for 30 minutes and then retest to see where level is at. Also make sure that you are using an oxygen shock after every use (Potassium Peroxy Monopersulfate) this will help the chlorine do its job better, use this at a rate of 2 ounces per 400 gallons.