garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

My name is ***** ***** and i am in europe and i am wondering

Customer Question

Customer: hi, my name is ***** ***** and i am in europe and i am wondering about the wiring of my spa which has a balboa board
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes I see I have to connect white - red - black and we have other color coding so i wonder what is red and black - 2 hot wires
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello i am back
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 10 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be happy to assist you with you spa.

In the U.S.A., red and black are both hot wires and white is neutral. So if you touch each probe of a volt meter to the red and black wire, you will read 240 volts AC. If you touch one probe to white and the other probe to black you will read 120 volts AC. Same if you touch one probe to red and the other probe to white, you will read 120 volts AC.

I'm not sure how that compares to the voltage in Europe.

Please let me know if this is the info you need? Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got that but in Europe we have 220V between Line and Neutral. So how do I connect this to red - black - white? Should I connect that to red and black and leave white unconnected?