Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

All of a sudden I can't set the heat above 93 or at least I

Customer Question

All of a sudden I can't set the heat above 93 or at least I think it's set at 103 but won't go above 93 what's up ?
Best regards,
Scott
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 10 months ago.

I have seen this a lot and most likely you are not in Standard mode. There are two to three different modes to a spa:

St=Standard which is the mode you want everything operates normally.

Sl= Sleep in this mode most operations do not work. Never use this mode.

Ec= Economy this is mode designed for the summer months. The heater will only heat during a programmed filter cycle which in most cases is only 2 hrs at a time twice a day, which can give appearances that the heater does not work or will only get up to a certain temp and does not seem to rise over that due to the fact that the outside temps cool it off in between heater operation so it never get high enough.

You can go to your owners manual and look up MODE SETTINGS to see how your spa will work that. I have seen a lot of balboa controls operate where you press the TEMP button followed by the LIGHT button within 3 seconds and it will change one mode so if you were in Standard it would go to the Sleep mode then repeat steps and go one more mode to Ec then repeat again to get back to Standard mode.

Now some spas only have Standard and Economy and no sleep mode, but once you get it in Standard mode again the heat indicator light should come back on.