Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a baja spa and every time my power goes off the flc

Customer Question

I have a baja spa and every time my power goes off the flc notice comes on and it stops heating. I have tried turning the power off and on again for extended periods of time but it doesn't work. The only way I've found to reset it is to completely empty it refill it and turn power back on and that works?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We still need help. Every time we have a power outage the flc notice appears on the control panel and it stops heating the jacuzzi. The jets work but no heat. If I empty the tub and then refill it it resets and the notice flc goes away. This is a pain and there must be an alternative method.
Expert:  Billy replied 9 months ago.

Does the unit use a pressure switch to detect flow or a paddle flow switch?

Power shutting down should not result in a flow code...UNLESS the circulator motor is not running or there is a air pocket.

When this occurs...jump the flow switch within 5 seconds and tell me if the flc code goes away or remains.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have no idea what type of switch it uses. I can't even find any switches! I guess I need to remove the panels on the side of the tub to locate them???
Expert:  Billy replied 9 months ago.

correct, we would need to remove service panel to expose motor and controls