garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

From California, and I'm trying to heat our pool son's

Customer Question

Hello! This is Brian from California, and I'm trying to heat our pool for my son's birthday party in 12 hours. Everything was working fine, with the pump on "SPA" and the heater on "SPA". (It is an LT model.)
Then my friend changed the pump to "POOL" and kept the heater on "SPA". At some point over the last few hours, the heater stopped running (no heat emitting), and the first red button is flashing: "PRESSURE SWITCH". What can I do to get this going again?
Thank you VERY much!!!
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 10 months ago.

Hi Brian:

My name is***** you are getting an alert about the Pressure Switch, this indicates a possible water flow restriction which is keeping the Pressure Switch from closing. Try removing or cleaning the filter as this may increase water flow. Post your findings here when you can. Thank you

Also, let me know if you are running the heater through an automated system, or operating it manual. Thanks again.