poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Name Rob
, I have a 2002 Sundance Maxxus. I had a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. name Rob
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2002 Sundance Maxxus. I had a flashing FLO message to begin with. Changed out the Flo switch my self. That didin't work. Called a Spa repair man. He changed out the Circulation pump. That took care of the flashing Flo message. After the spa heated up it went into steady FlO. I changed out the Hi-Limit Temp sensor and the regular temp sensor. I reset the tub. Once it gets to requested temp, it goes to steady FLO. I removed the filter to see if that was the obstruction, reset, and it still went back into steady FLO. At a loss
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob:

My name is*****'ll be happy to assist with your spa.

When it reaches the set temperature, have you checked the flow switch to see if is sticking in the closed position? When the circ. pump is not moving water through the heater, (because the set temp. is reached), the Flow Switch must open.

Please let me know what you find. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Garry
Once the hot tub reached the selected temperature, a couple o minutes later the steady FLO indication comes on. The circulation pump does not turn off, ever, so the switch stays closed.

Rob:

On your model spa, there are two flo codes: One is "FLO2, and the other one is "FLO". Please double check and let me know for certain which message you are seeing, since they are different faults. This is important for me to know for certain in order to properly help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's "FLO"

If you can confirm that the circ. pump is running and moving water through the heater and returning back to the spa, you will need to confirm that the flow switch is staying closed. You can do this by checking the flow switch with an ohm meter to determine if there is continuity through the switch. Just because the circ pump does not turn off is not a guaranty that the flow switch is staying closed.