garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

My name is ***** *****. No power to my Purex Triton Minimax.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. No power to my Purex Triton Minimax. Any ideas? Never used it before. Just moved into a house and tried to turn it on and there is no power at all.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The house was vacant for over a year so there has been no activity on the system for quite some time. It's an older system. When I hit the button for the pool heater no lights come on and no power.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait...thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 10 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your heater.

Check for voltage, (either 120 or 240 volts AC), going into the primary side of the transformer. If you find there is voltage present, then check the secondary side of the heater for 24 volts AC. If there is voltage at the primary, but nothing comiing from the secondary side of the transformer, it will need to be replaced