garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

, I have a 2005 sundance maxxus 3 pump hot tub. i was

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2005 sundance maxxus 3 pump hot tub. i was experiencing issues with temperature and OH errors on the control board so I replaced the temperature sensor. The tub worked for a few days, but then would need to be turned off at the main breaker and reset. Checking the voltage at the circuit board showed 120 on each incoming line, but not 240 in combination. More research led me to believe that the circuit board was bad, so I replaced that too. The tub powered on after the circuit board replacement, the topside control showed a FLO error and one of the pump indicators was lit but it it didn't sounds like it was on. I selected another pump, and the tub immediately shut down, and I have nothing on my topside control. Any thoughts? I plan to check the fuses again tonight when I get home..but I am leaning towards a new control board. The temps in my area have been hovering around 0 degrees, but I have a heater keeping the inside of the tub surround and pumps warm (38 degrees) I don't believe anything has frozen, but would a frozen component shut my system down that quickly (seconds after activation) I was not getting an ICE error at the time.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, would it be better to contact you later this evening when I am able to be at the tub?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 10 months ago.

Hi Nichole:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your spa.

When you are checking the voltage going into the circuit board, you will need to place each meter probe on each hot lead at the terminal block where the wires connect from the incoming line. With each meter probe on each hot lead, it is there where it should read 240 volts AC. If you are not reading this voltage there, you will have to go to the circuit breaker feeding you spa, and check for any problems there.

Please post what you find here, and we can continue from there. Thank you