garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

My master temp 400 pool heater is not firing and just

Customer Question

Customer: my master temp 400 pool heater is not firing and just displays the red led light on service heater. When I turn it on it displays r13 It won't even attempt to start. I cut the power to it over night hoping to clear whatever the electrical code was, but it still won't even start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am glancing down the thread at the individual who posted the same problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: possible. it is late, 1:24 am my time and I'm not sure how long I can stay awake.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 10 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your heater.

The "r13" you are seeing in the display is NOT a fault code. It is a revision number that will always come on when the heater is first powered on. On the back side of the Control Board there is a series of red diagnostic LED's. Please tell me if any of them come on and stay on, and if so, what are the letters next to the one(s) on? I also need to know if the Air Blower comes on when you power the heater on?

Please post your findings here, and we can then continue. Thank you.