poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

WE HAVE A 12 YEAR OLD COAST SPA. Its the freedom model. We

Customer Question

WE HAVE A 12 YEAR OLD COAST SPA. Its the freedom model. We replaced a pressure switch mounted on the right end of the heater tube because the threaded part had snapped. Now the tub kicks out the GFI switch in the remote electrical panel mounted on the deck. The only thing that happens other than the switch tripping is a faint clicking in the high limit #2 module inside the spa pack. I can't see anything wrong. Fuses all appear good. The spa pack is from Spa Builders and the model number is ***** 11273-01G. Any help would be appreaciated. It's kind of fun playing with it, but I would like to use it.
Tim Rowan
Huntsville Ontario Canada
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 11 months ago.

I've done the same thing, and if you get ANY water in the board at all, it will keep tripping the breaker until it dries out. How long has passed since things got wet down there. If it been less than 48 hours, you may need to hit it with a hair dryer. The heating element is the most common cause of a breaker trip. So you could try disconnecting the two connections to the heater , then with those disconnected, try the breaker so we can rule out the heater anyway.