poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I would like to have my ***** ***** spa heat the water above

Customer Question

Customer: I would like to have my ***** ***** spa heat the water above 104 degrees. Is there a way to override the maximum water temperature?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No, not really. I just want warmer water.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure I will pay if there is a way to increase the water temperature.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Almost all newer spas are programmed into the chip on the board to max out at 104 degrees as that's the highest safe temperature, but the site blocked out part of your original message so I have no idea what kind of spa you have or the brand of the spa pack down below. There are a few, and I mean very few, that have an option built in to allow you to get 2 degrees past 104, but it will only be possible if you have one of those by some chance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Coleman portable Lay-Z-Spa Inflatable Hot Tub.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, and does it have a digital TouchPad to adjust the temp up and down, or a dial you turn up, like an old car radio. If it's digital, then unfortunately, no, there is absolutely no way too make it go higher. If you get the spa up to 104 and then turn the pump in high speed for an hour or two, you'll get a couple more degrees usually, but there's no way to set it to go higher by itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
poolguy810, are familiar with the Coleman spa? The pump does not have adjustable speeds and I believe the heater turns off when you turn the air on. It is interesting the name of the spa was delighted in my original question.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Yes I work on every brand , including Coleman, but they all have different systems on them, so yes, I have to ask a few questions about them to see exactly what you have. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the name of the spa was Delighted in my original question " but nowhere on my page does it show the spa brand. On my end of the question it says. "I would like to have my **** ****** spa heat above 104 degrees" that's why I had to ask what brand it was. So in answer to your question, no, on that spa, there's absolutely no way to make it go higher. Those have the most basic of controls on them, that's why they sell them so cheaply, but the circuit board chip is factory locked at 104 degrees, there's no getting around it unfortunately. In comparison though, 99 percent of the spas out there are locked the same way. Spas from $299 all the way up to $15000 still have the same government laws apply to them, they have to be limited to 104 degrees maximum temperature.