poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a new ThermoSpa MAUI Diamond unit. The electrician is

Customer Question

I have a new ThermoSpa MAUI Diamond unit. The electrician is having problems with the unit tripping the breaker. I have been told that the white pigtail needs to be changed form the normal position. It seems he need a different brake but we are not sure which one.
Can you direct me to a specific wiring diagram for this unit and identify the correct breaker.
Robert
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what type of breaker you have hooked up to the spa, is it a two pole gfci breaker? If so, if you can snap me a picture of the inside of the spa breaker box so I can see how it's wired, I've got a pretty good idea of what may be the problem. Thanks, jeff

Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Generally when I see a breaker tripping immediately with a new spa, it's because they've got the white neutral that goes down to the spa, hooked up in the wrong position inside the breaker box. So if I can see how it's hooked up, I can direct you to the correct wiring.

Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I was just following up to see if we had gotten a pic of the inside of the breaker box as I'm betting it's hooked up incorrectly, still here if I can help out. Thanks, Jeff