Jerry, Technician
Experience:  owned and operated spa and pool retail store for 12 yrs
34748161

The 2stage pump comes on an buzz noise but no jets work the

Customer Question

The 2stage pump comes on an buzz noise but no jets work the bubble jets work but not the 2stage pump doesnot
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me more information? What product do you have. Does the 1st stage of this pump work ok?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It comes on but just clicks on an off no jets on hi and low work it is a Bali Sweetwater spa the pump says spa marvels
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Its hard for me to tell what it is doing by your description. However, if the pump itself does not come on in either hi or low speed but does buzz or humm when turned on, then it either has something stuck in the impellor and wont turn, or there may be a start capacitor in the pump that has broken. Either way you will need to pull the the pump to check it out. I do not know your mechanical ability but if you have a multi meter and other tools, I can help you trouble shoot the pump.

If the pump is not humming at all but you simply have a click on the control board, then your pump may have become disconnected from the board or unplugged, since that indicates there is no power getting to the motor. It sounds like you may have to have the system looked at by a spa tech.

Thanks for using Just Answer.