Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

Have issues with my heater
, heater started tripping

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** have issues with my heater
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: heater started tripping the system, some basic research suggested that since my heater is now 7 years old the element was probably faulty and that replacing the heater would be advisable. ordered a 1kw heater but when it arrived although it was the same size some key elements were different. The thread for the sensor was smaller, and there were no wires attached to the elements (On my old one they are soldered on) and no-one seems to sell them as spares. And finally the lugs that hold in plavce are not there. Apparently according to the poolandspa centre i can fit a 3kw heater instead but that will mean configuring my board to stop the heater coming on during second stage water flow(it will draw too many amps) the 3kw heater also has a different sensor. I'm not sure which way to go
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay. I just logged on and saw that no one had picked up your question yet.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** for someone to reply to the question paid to ask :)