poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Sundance tango 6600-208 LX- 10 Problem 1st Started

Customer Question

I have a Sundance tango 6600-208 LX- 10 Problem 1st Started blowing the 50 amp gfic breaker. checked the heater I'am getting a good ohms reading. Checked the circuit Board and have 220v going to in heater input, hot tub running with jets on and temp set at 104 on, no output at bottom of relay for heater output. assuming board is bad?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so if you disconnect the two leads going to the heater, and then try the breaker again. Does the breaker stay on with the heater disconnected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I reinstalled the circuit board and checked , blower works, pump works, ozone works , checked heater off circuit board it worked ,there is no voltage to heater through the output relay to heater block and thermal switch hookup. do you think its a circuit board problem.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Well, if the breaker doesn't trip when the heater is unhooked, then that means the heater is shorted, it shouldn't have anything to do with the board if that solved the breaker issue. So with the board installed, and heater still unhooked, everything works except for heat, correct?