Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

Vinni and my temperature display is not displaying any

Customer Question

Customer: Vinni and my temperature display is not displaying any temperature so I don't know how hot it is. We just put it back in service
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Spa is heating up but I don't have a display telling me the temperature. I see a black plug inside not going anywhere. Could this be a sensor for that?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 11 months ago.

When the display goes blank it usually means the tiny circuit board inside the topside control is bad, you can not replace just the board as it is a sealed unit so you have to replace the entire topside control. If you can access under the topside you will find a white sticker on the side of it with part numbers etc. Now to remove the topside you will need to peel off the display cover to expose the 4 small screws one in each corner then once screws are out you can pry up the topside and pull the wire out through the top of the spa make sure to unplug the topside from the control box circuit board.