Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

From Bodoe, Norway. My Tiger River Bengal 2006 model (230 V)

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is***** from Bodoe, Norway. My Tiger River Bengal 2006 model (230 V) is overheating and today I had to cut off power as the temerature of the water was 65 degrees celcius / 149 degrees Fahrenheit.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Power indicator is flashing, suggesting thermal protection has kicked in and that a one minute power cut should reset it. Obviously, the heater is going continously. Power cut gives no results. Outside temp is below 0 degrees celcius. Circulation pump is working. Jets won't start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: That is OK - so far I have been told that I might need to get a new control board (expencive!), but maybe getting a new pair of Thermistor's would do.... My dealer says they have never experienced this problem ever in Norway.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water was changed and new filter installed the 12th of December. All was working OK. Also all was working the 22. December when I raised the temperature from 26 degrees celcius to 39 degrees and added a bit of chlorine to prepare it for use the following days. It was howevver not used until the overheating we discovered on the 26th. In the control box there are two red diodes that are lit. One of them has the text "HTR ON" beside it. This is when the temperature went sky high.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the Holiday delay. Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes I do - looking forward to Your answer.Ola