garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

I have a Jandy Lite 2 and it won't ignite. Code FL 4 shows

Customer Question

I have a J***** *****te 2 and it won't ignite. Code FL 4 shows up. What should I do?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 11 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your heater.

Check the Hot Surface Ignitor.

In the ignitor circuit there are two fuses. Any one or both of them may be blown. The ignitor itself may be faulty.

Do you have a multi meter and experience in using it, for the purpose of testing these items? Let me know, and we can continue from there. Thank you.

Hi Charles:

Just checking back to see if the info I gave was helpful? If your heater still doe not work, let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We can't seem to find out what the source of the problem as it is not the fuses or the ignitor. We are looking to replace the boards to see if that's the issue. I'll let you know.