Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

My hot tub reset lights turn on when gh temp setting is

Customer Question

Customer: My hot tub reset lights turn on when high temp setting is reached. The temp cools down, but the hot tub keeps running. Eventually, days the temp will get down to 70. If turn all off and wait until the temp is low 70 or below then the heater will again re-heat until it reaches the limit (say 102), the resets again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Appolo hot tub
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

hello,

when you say "resets"....does that mean the unit is tripping on limit.....or code OH?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not turning off, the three little warning lights flash. No codes. Then it maintains heat 90 degrees or a little less. When I turn it off and let the temp get down to 70, when turned back on it works fine until the temp gets back up to 103. Sometimes it holds there for awhile but eventually repeats the pattern
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

thank you,

do have a meter that we could ohm out the temp sensor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

Excellent....what I need is the actual water temp at sensor when ohmed..and the resistance reading. I can then determine to eliminate as suspect or replace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, temp is 79, however ohlm meter maxes out regardless of x multiplier. I testing the tube sensor that I should on top of the water heater tube. There is another sesor that looks like a switch. It has no movement on the meter so obviously is off
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

the reading ta 79f should 27,000-28,000. If not in that range replace the sensor. The switch is closed or open switch...once overtemp it simply opens and turns everything off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll do that and let you know if t h at works
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

just respond back when ready. Do not reply until then or the system forces a response from my end

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed a new tube sensor and I still get the three lights to come on after max temp is reached. This time I set it to 100. This morning the temperature was 90. I shut it down. Anymore ideas.