Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

What are good products or painting brick coping around a

Customer Question

What are good products for rendering or painting brick coping around a pool edge to give a rock-like effect that is durable and resistant to both saltwater and being walked on? I live in Brisbane, Australia.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

will there be any of this under the water line?..or just exposed to the loss and splashing around perimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Billy. The existing brick pavers on the coping are above the water line, but do get quite wet, and if we have a heavy storm, may be under the water line for a few hours. Ideally, I would like to raise the level of water so it laps the coping after it has been painted or rendered, but I understand this may not be possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I mention it's a saltwater pool? And the brick paver coping is bullnose on the pool side (making rendering more difficult).
Also, the advice I got from my local Bunnings store was that there is no paint on the market that would stay stuck on the bricks, but you may know better!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll send a photo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are 2 photos.