poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a 2007 Sundance Majesta spa with motor issues. My

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** have a 2007 Sundance Majesta spa with motor issues. My circulation pump and timer is fine. My digital control panel seems fine. But, with no notice, I cannot get my high speed pump (may be a 2 speed) or my air circulation pumps
to kick on. When I select the option at the control board, the indicator lights up and the relay clicks on the control board but no power to pumps.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 12 months ago.

We can troubleshoot it, but we'll have to do it down in the control box and you'll need a meter to do a little testing, is that going to be a possibility? If so, please attach a picture of the control box with the cover off so i can walk you through the troubleshooting. Thanks, Jeff

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sure. I have a multimeter. So far I confirmed that the top side control unit seems to be working and all the button pushes respond. Also, when I select a pump to run, the corresponding relay engages, but no power is active at the board for each pump according to the schematic. I tested all the fuses with an Ohm meter and all read 0.Not sure where to go from here. Getting the pic now.

ok, thanks, I'll wait on the pic before we go further

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Here are the pics!

Ok, got them. Now I know you said you already checked the fuses, but I gotta ask. Down at the very bottom left hand side of the box is the main time delay fuse, a large one, not on the circuit board, that usually has a green or orange label on it. Have you removed it from the fuse holder and tested it out of circuit with a meter to confirm that fuse has continuity, as that one fuse will cause the problems you're experiencing.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Well I pulled it out and tested for continuity the continuity measured 0. The fuse looks a little burnt on one side but I don't know if I can disregard the test for that
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
By the way I should point out that the heater and the circulation pump is working fine

Well, if you're reading zero resistance and not infinite, then we have to assume the fuse is good. On the other point, the heater and circ pump don't run through the fuse, that particular fuse just protects the jet pump and blower circuit.

Ok, let's move on to the board itself. Now you said you can hear the relays clicking when you hit the buttons up top. The blower comes in up on the top right hand side of the board to the two terminals, can you follow that wire from the blower to those connection points, then set your meter on AC voltage and with the blower icon active up on the touchpad, touch your two test leads to the blower connection point on the board and see if the board is putting out 120 volts or 240 volts, depending on what blower you have. We should also do the same on the incoming line for your jet pump to see if the board is actually sending power to either of these devices.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
All the connection points read 0 volts when depressed. Could the fuse be bad even though the test was positive?

Well, I've never run into that, but it's sure looking like a possibility as those terminals going to the pump and blower should definitely have power to them if you can hear the relays clicking. You may want to pick up a fuse at Lowe's and give it a try just so we can rule it out.

Expert:  poolguy810 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, the question was still showing open on my end, just wanted to follow up to see if you still needed anything, just let me know. If you've got it taken care of, please rate me on your end and it will close out the question. If you need more help, I'm happy to do so. Thanks, Jeff