poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

My name is ***** *****. I have a second hand Leisure Bay G3

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****. I have a second hand Leisure Bay G3 Spa that is missing a pump or blower. How can I find the missing part or service manual for it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The missing part would be connected to the left side of heater manifold
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

Hell, can you first verify if the attached manual is your unit?

Manual Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing attached. I believe the manual I've attached is for my spa. What next
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach a picture of the inside of the cabinet below the spa, so I can see what exactly is missing, you might need to take a few different ones. The manual doesn't really tell us pump or blower sizes, but If I can see the plumbing you're referring to where something is missing, I should be able to get you set up with what you need. Thanks, Jeff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take some pics today. How many would you like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I believe it is the circulation pump that is missing as both existing pumps are 3450 rpm. I believe it would attach to the left end of the heater (2" female) and the top of circ pic which is 1.5" female. My concern is not only getting the right pump, but the actual connection to the panel. Looks kind of like a flat 4 connector. Does this help or do you need more pics?
Thanks,
Charles
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the connection end is called an amp plug, very common on spas, so that's not an issue. Can I see a picture of the inside of the control box, so I can see the circuit board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that tonight. Is there any part of the board in particular you're looking for?
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

No, just a pic where I can see the whole circuit board is fine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tough to take at night. Let me know if you need me to remove wires for a better view.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were these any help?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Any news on the circuit board?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Still pending an answer
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 12 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, been swamped with spas. Ok, so the new pump will plug in to J23 on the circuit board, that particular socket on the board is wired for a 220 volt pump, so that's what we'll need, then if you're saying that it's got a 1.5 inch connection on the suction, then we need a 1.5 inch 2 speed 220 volt pump. (###) ###-####15 is the part number for the pump, although there are other brands that would work also, but I prefer Waterway pumps as far as warranty and reliability. 9711-97 is the chord you'll need to hook the pump to the board as they normally don't come with a chord on them. Whomever you order the pump from might include the chord, but you'll have to specify that you need an AMP chord, 4 pin, for a two speed pump. If they don't include it, then just order one separately.

You'll also need a(###) ###-####heater tail piece that will attach to the heater nut. This is a 2" thread that reduces to 1.5" pvc socket so you can transition from the 2" heater union to the 1.5" pump suction.

is the heater union gasket you'll need if you don't have one already. Now in one of your pictures, it looks like you might already have the connection pipe that goes from the front of the pump to the heater union. If you already have that piece that's 2 inches on the heater side and then has a 1.5 inch union on the pump side, then you won't need those additional plumbing pieces. Just let me know and I can get you any other part numbers you're missing to for the hook up. Thanks, Jeff
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, was just following up to see if this got you all the information you needed or if you still needed some help. The question keeps popping back up on my end until you rate me. If you need anything else, please let me know and I'll be happy to help. If we're all done, just rate me on your end and the question will close out. Thanks, Jeff

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Sir. I ordered the parts you mentioned and was hoping to install this week. I just wanted to make sure we didn't forget something before the rating. I'll get to it asap. Thanks again

Sounds good, let me know if you need anything. Jeff

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My first question is how do I know which is the high speed wire for motor?
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 10 months ago.

So is there no pump at all? Just wondering since you were asking about the wiring whether you have the pump or not?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I bought the pump and cord listed above. You even told me where to plug in on the board, J23. The pump shows a diagram but I am concerned about switching the high speed and low speed wires as I have no way of knowing which is which on the board. I can probably figure out the pump with a little research. Can you help?

Ok, on the back of the motor, the white will always go to the C or common terminal. Now normally red is high speed and black is low. It won't hurt anything if you accidentally have them switched. The way you'll know for sure is when is plugged into the board turn on the spa and wait, the pump should start up in low speed, then if you hit the jet 1 button, it should go to high speed. If it starts on high and goes to low when you hit the button, just reverse toast 2 wires. Sometimes I have to experiment with them that way if we don't know ahead of time. It's no big deal.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It seems like the pump is physically too long. Is it possible this is the wrong pump, or that there is a smaller pump out there. The motor cannot slide back far enough. There is a hose in the way, but even if I move that, it seems like the motor will be right up against the tub. I have pics, but cant get them attached
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
here's the pics