Pool and Spa
Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Do you have a GFCI as the disconnect switch?
2) Is the hot tub a combo 120 & 240 volt unit or only 240 volts?
Thanks for the reply.
1) How many wires and what are the wire colors for the hot tub connection? 3 or 4 wires?
1) That is a combo 120 & 240 volt hot tub unit and NOT a 240 volt hot tub model.
2) Terminate the hot tub 2 hots (2 blacks) and the hot tub white neutral (1 white wire) to the double pole circuit breaker.
3) Terminate the hot tub green ground wire to the neutral bus bar or to a separate equipment ground bar.
4) Terminate the white pigtail neutral (curly white wire) from the GFCI breaker directly to the neutral bus bar.
Reply back and let me know how everything works.............Thanks............Kevin:)
Refer to the diagram shown below:
Do you have the white neutral wire from the hot tub terminated to the double pole GFCI breaker or is it landing on the neutral bus bar?
A hot tub GFCI breaker has 3 LOAD side terminations.........ie........2 hots and 1 neutral.
1) Please confirm............does the hot tub white neutral wire terminate to the GFCI double pole breaker, yes or no?
2) Where is the GFCI located at? At the main electrical panel or at the hot tub disconnect?
OK, Thanks for the confirmation.
1) Based on your replies, it appears that the hot tub and the GFCI disco are wired properly.
It is possible that there is an internal problem with the hot tub. I will opt out of the question and send it over to one of our hot tub experts.
No need to reply back to me, you will be notified once another expert picks up the question.