Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Jacuzzi, j385, new, stereo has power, remote works,

Customer Question

Jacuzzi, j385, new, stereo has power, remote works, Bluetooth pairs but speakers don't play. Is there a fuse for the speakers.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This may be something you know already, but it sometimes helps in cases like this:

With a Bluetooth audio connection, first you

pair

the two devices, then you

connect

the two devices, then you hopefully can play through the connection. In a case where playing seems not to be happening, and you have already made sure you are both paired and connected, you sometimes need to adjust the volume upward a bit (either on the playing device or on the device with the speakers on it), or you may need to un-mute the playing device.

In this case, since I think you have a Jandy device, usually they have a Remote control, and you can adjust the volume upward for the speakers with the Remote. If you are playing music through a handheld device, you may need a Jandy app for the handheld device, to play to it properly.

Let me know more about the handheld device you are trying to use. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iPhone and it worked at first and then did not. Everything is paired so maybe is muted
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If it worked at first, yes, it might have become set to Mute on either side.

I don't know enough about the hardware of this Jandy to advise you much as to specifics on that end of things, though... But still I'd like to ask: When you turn up the volume on the speakers with the Jandy remote, though, can you hear any 'buzz' or static in the speakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No static or buzz, I turned mute off and checked the fuse in the back
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Be sure Mute is disabled or turned Off, *both* on the iPhone and on the Jandy device.