poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I want to override the 104 degree temperature on my gecko

Customer Question

I want to override the 104 degree temperature on my gecko spa control. How do I do it?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

I'm sure thus isn't what you want to hear, but all spas now that are controlled by a circuit board are present and locked in at the factory, to not exceed 104 degrees. There is absolutely no way too go past that Sheva setting the temp in any brand spa. Now a pump running on high speed will generate heat also, so toy can get the spa up to 104, then turn your pump jets on high speed for as long as they'll stay on, usually about 24 minutes. The temp will actually go up if the covert is on, but that's only going to be a temporary increase. There's no way to set it to stay at that temp unfortunately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got charged for an answer that did not answer my question. I know you can do it. I've seen a lot of posts on the Internet about how to do it but thought I would ask someone who had a little more knowledge. I guess that wasn't the case. I would like to get a credit back for my $19 as I'm not satisfied with the answer.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

I just answer the questions, the site is the one that takes and gives money so you'll need to email customer service, they should be able to help. In regards ***** ***** question, I've been working on spas for 33 years, I do all the warranty work on gecko spa packs in southern ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Believe when I tell you, there's no way to do that on any spa built after 1994. They set the max temp at 104 because that is the highest temp that's safe for the human body. Now on the old mechanical spa packs, with mechanical thermostats, yes, those you can adjust and make the water boil if you want, but NOT on the circuit board packs like you're talking about. So whatever else you've read on the internet, they're wrong. I have no reason to lie to you and I know what I'm talking about.