Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I can't turn on the heater ( Raypak R405a 400,000 BTU) from

Customer Question

I can't turn on the heater ( Raypak R405a 400,000 BTU) from my Jandy Aqualink One Touch. I can activate the heater from the power center from service mode. The rest of the functions with the Aqualink One Touch seem to work fine. Any ideas?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

if it operates in service mode but not standard control mode then you have a bad board. I doubt you need a new heater.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A bad board on the power center or on the heater itself?
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I apologize...on the heater

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand if the power center in service mode can send a signal to the heater to turn on and it turns on, why when the control panel relays the same signal to the power center it won' t activate the heater. In simple terms it suggests a problem with the power center in my mind.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

they do not use the same input to the board. How many wires are on your p7 connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not at the house now to check. Is the p7 connector on the power center or the heater? If on the heater is it on the control board?