poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

My ray pak r 1102-2 spa heater has stopped heating. The red

Customer Question

my ray pak r 1102-2 spa heater has stopped heating. The red light is on like it is working but it is not heating the water
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Do you happen to have a meter we can do some tests with? We need to see if you have voltage to the heating element, which you should if the red light is on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a voltmeter yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure where to set it to get the readings you need. From the heating element?
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, with the red light on, your meter set on ac voltage, we need to touch both heater terminals with your test leads at the same time, you should have 240 volts coming in. You'll have to remove the top cover of the heater to access it. Now if you have 240 volts coming in there, then you just have a bad heating element, which is pretty easy to change. If you don't have any voltage there, then we need to do some other testing. Just let me know, thanks, Jeff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have 240 v coming in to the heating element
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then if you've got 240 volts there, and it's not heating at all, then we'd need to replace the element to fix they problem. Do you know whether you have a 5500 watt unit, or a 11kw unit ?