poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

New home owner with an in-ground pool and Jandy model CS100

Customer Question

Hi there-new home owner with an in-ground pool and Jandy model CS100 filter. Just learning about how to care for filter and am wondering how to know when I need to drain water from the pool AND what the correct valve setting is for normal operation. I think someone may have moved the setting and I want to correct it.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  MsBabyD replied 1 year ago.

Hello, First I would find out when it was drained last and who did the service on the pool. I personally drain a very large inground pool once a year. Chemicals are fine but it comes to a point they break down and you have more chemical then water which is not great on your skin. What I did learn the hard way was I use my house bib which was connected to my water softener so the first fill was expensive. So make sure it connect to outside water bib. But we used our pool every day it was large and we had a lot of kids over. They have pool kits that are very easy to use at your local pool store. But you also have to buy all the supplies which will cost you a lot. or you can get a reasonable service for a monthly fee that saves you time and money on supplies, and service. I would research both, and shop around. And, personal I would drain the pool wash it down and start fresh. Again I don't swim in your toilet and I don't like people peeing in my pool but they tend to do so young and old.