poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a leisure bay spa that was stopped working. I was

Customer Question

I have a leisure bay spa that was stopped working. I was getting a Dr Y erroer at first. called a local spa repair person who said the circu pump was bad. I replaced the pump and now it goes the the Pr (Priming mode) then displays dr indicating inadequate water in heater. the circu pump never comes on. I know it's wired correctly (115v). When I press the motor button I can hear the control panel click but nothing happens. Lights work fine. I did notice this last time the the heat indicator light came on for about 30 seconds then the dr error appeared.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Verify that there is proper voltage going out to the pump, from there you may have an air bubble in the pump, loosen the fitting on the front of the pump to release any air in there and let water leak out for 20 seconds then re tighten the fitting and turn breaker back on and see if pump draws water.