poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a dimension one spa (aurora) All things are

Customer Question

I have a dimension one spa (aurora) All things are functional up until i removed the 12volt 3amp fuse which had burned out during a bulb replacement. I forgot to turn off the spa while removing the fuse and once the fuse had been removed, the power shut off automatically. I know the fuse was bad because I had ohm'd it out prior to pulling it. I have power from 240 and other parts of the board. the topside panel is completely dark.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the spa is the Nautilus Ultra Life
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have checked the transformer and it is working
There is no power to the heater and when i unhook the the heater power leads and unhook the topside control panel it does not work that way either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Its been close to nine hours.... no response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pardon me... close to ten hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 hrs
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay I was away from my office for a day or so and I just saw your question. So am I to assume that you have replaced the small fuse by this time? It sounds like this 3 amp fuse was the one for the topside control. You stated that you checked the transformer for power in did you check the output for the 12-24 volts? If you have power in the transformer and nothing out and the fuse is good then the transformer is bad, if you are unsure replace the 3 amp fuse again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked transformer power and have a reading from the transformer to the board. I also have part of the board working because there is a lower amperage fan running on the spa.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 amp fuse is replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question is can the topside control panel cause a complete shutdown like this? i know you can bypass the topside or at least get the spa running by unplugging the topside. I did this and it still does not run