poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a jacuzzi brand triangular jetted tub and the button

Customer Question

I have a jacuzzi brand triangular jetted tub and the button to activate the air won't catch. It will turn on air but won't stay unless I hold it down manually. What should I do?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have a bad button. If you have an electronic topside then the keypad is bad and you need to replace the topside. If your spa is much older then you have an air activated blower switch and the bladder in the air switch is bad and you need to remove and replace the switch. In the air switch version there is a lock nut that holds the button in place you need to get under the switch and remove the lock nut then remove the air tubing on the bottom and slide the air switch up and out of acrylic and reverse process to install a new one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spa is 10 years old. Would that mean a new air switch?

Well 10 years is not that old. Do you have a topside with a digital readout or just a white button that you depress downward?

If not digital display then yes a new air switch if digital then you would need a new topside panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just a button. I bought a sword a few months ago. Tecmark tbs301. Spdt25a. 50-319-1700. And do you have any connections in San Diego Ca that could do the repair?

That switch(tbs 301) is what turns on and off the pump etc. the air button that you depress is what sends air down to that switch via tubing. Once you depress the button it sends a burst of air into the black switch and this open or closes to send power out to the specific item, if you depress the air button and let go and it does not rise all the way back up then the button os bad, from there if you depress the button and hold it down and the pump turns on but once you release the air button it goes off the black switch is bad.