Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

How do I recalibrate my Hayward Pro Logic Salt Sensor?

Customer Question

How do I recalibrate my Hayward Pro Logic Salt Sensor? Thanks.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I realize you have probably searched the answers...but have you tried this?

1. With the pump running, take the power switch down to the “Off” position, and then back up to “Auto”. You should hear a click within 10 or 15 seconds. When you do, press the diagnostic button five times in a row. The system will go through a recalibration process.
  2. Wait until the numbers stop changing. If the system settles on or near a number that is close to what you believe to be the salt level in the pool, slide the power switch up to “Super Chlorinate”, then back down to “Auto”. This will lock that number in as the new average salt reading.
  3. If the system settles on a number that is unrealistic, there is something wrong with either your system or your cell. The most likely issue is that your salt cell needs to be replaced. It could also be that the board in your power center needs to be replaced. At this point you will want to call Hayward at(###) ###-#### ***** tech support team will usually be able to help you determine which part needs replacement. They will need the serial number from the inside of your control panel door (located under a bar code). And the install date of your system if you know it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Billy,
Thank you for trying to answer this question. I found the same answer on line when I googled it, too. Additionally, the instructions are not for the Pro Logic system. So I will not rate at this time as maybe you mistakenly looked at the wrong system.