Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

We have a 2004 Nordic Spa Escape Hot tub. It hasn't been

Customer Question

We have a 2004 Nordic Spa Escape Hot tub. It hasn't been used in 2 years. It ran fine when we shut the spa down. We are now trying to start it up and have had to replace the pump and heater. We plug the spa in and it runs ok for about 20 minutes then the jets go on high and we cannot turn them down. We unplug then we get a red light on the circuit board. We unplug let it sit for about 5 minutes and it clears the error but it doesn't heat. We also have 2 loose wires which is for the themostat but we cannot find which jumpers to put them in.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link to the wiring on most Nordic spas this will show you where the thermostat wires should be connected on the circuit board.

http://www.nordichottubs.com/electrical/95-balboa-nor120-wiring-diagram-1997.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not fix the jets going on high or the water being heated up. The water is still cold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it was the hi limit sensor not the thermostat.

OH ok sorry you stated thermostat but the high limit plugs in next to it. As for the spa not heating...have you tested power at the heater itself? The only items other than the heater that will be affected is the High limit, thermostat, pressure switch/flow switch, these are the safety switches that can keep a heater from heating. If there is good flow of water through the heater then we know the pump is good. From here check the thermostat and high limit. If none of these seem to resolve issue then we have to look into the circuit board being the issue because the circuit board is designed to turn the pumps on high speed for a short period of time but it sounds like your board is malfunctioning. Be sure everything is plugged into board securely and that the pump has good flow of water.