poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a powerworks 630 in my spa and it's not heating. I

Customer Question

I have a powerworks 630 in my Coleman spa and it's not heating. I have 120 to each terminal and the resistance between 2 posts is 12. Any ideas? Before it stopped heating I would go up and down on heat control and it would start heating.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the first thing, when testing for voltage on a heating element, you can't test to each leg individually, you have to put both test leads on both heater terminals at the same time. You're going to either have 240 volts at the meter, or you're going to have zero. So let me know if it's one or the other. Also, is your heater indicator light lit up on the topside? Thanks, jeff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heat indicator is on and now getting no voltage. How much for a new spa controller unit?
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, yes, if the heater light is on, then that rules out all sensors etc. As the light won't even come on if there is a problem. So, without a doubt , you're down to a bad circuit board. It should a balboa board, there will be a white label on it with a 5 digit number that starts with a 5. If you can get me that number as well as the number on the chip on the board, I can track it down for you, it would still be cheaper than replacing the whole pack. Is pretty easy to change one out.

Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

did we find any information on the board?