poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have 92 sundance rio spa thats not heating even if i have

Customer Question

I have 92 sundance rio spa thats not heating even if i have the thermostat turned up on standard mode the heat light isnt coming on no power at heater.has new circuit board new high limit switch,new temp sensor. Im getting power at relays on board.also new heat element.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the only other switch that would keep the heater from coming on would be your flow switch. Can you post me a picture of the inside of the cabinet so that I can walk you through some troubleshooting, thanks, Jeff

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are some photos
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Alrighty, the pressure switch is in the first picture, inside the heater box on the left hand side. Do you happen to have a meter we can do some testing with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do have a tester. I have checked the switch for continuity there is none when pump is off.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, and there IS continuity when the pump is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is. I checked for voltage at wires going to pressure switch for some reason im getting 8.8 volts from both wires i assume i should get voltage on only one of those wires.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

To check the switch, just disconnect both wires from it, then turn the pump on, and touch both pressure switch terminals with your test leads with the meter set on continuity or ohms. You should read zero ohms or have a tone when you touch them from your meter if it's on continuity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is continuity when pump is running.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

ok, good, if it has no continuity when the pump is off and does have continuity when the pump is on, then the pressure switch is working as it should. Now you said you have power at the relays, is there any voltage when touching both heater terminals with your test leads at the same time with the meter set on voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there isnt any power at heater terminals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My spa control panel lights go on and off sometimes and was wondering if maybe this could be directly related to my problem? Its an anolog controller so there are no codes.