poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a balboa was 501. I have random temperatures flashing

Customer Question

Hi I have a balboa was 501. I have random temperatures flashing on the panel the temp is flashing 26 28 30 32 34 36 38 40 and back down in two. No lights are lighting up on the control panel when buttons are pressed and jets etc not working. Blower had previously been disconnected as it wasn't working. We are yet to use the spa properly. We put water in spa after fitted by electrician the jets and lights worked but spa didn't start heating for almost 7 hours when finally it started to heat however would not heat past 33 according to control panel however get like 20 degrees. The spa did not enter priming mode initially when we first started it up.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry balboa scs 501
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello???
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Have you replaced the temp sensors. The High limit and thermostat? This sounds to me like you might have a circuit board issue and need to replace the board, but I would start with the sensors as they may be faulty and out of sync.