poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a light in my pool. the conduit light runs into my

Customer Question

I have a light in my pool. the conduit for the light runs into my pool shed.i was checking my pool for leaks using the bucket test with my pump off for more than a day and there doesn't seem to be any leaks,but when I put a vacuum hose on my light conduit I can suck water out of the conduit.could this be a bad problem?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

It is not unusual for water to get into electrical conduit. This can be from rain or ground water and likely not to be from the pool . That said the conduit should be checked by a licensed electrician

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

They should be able to determine the source of the water in the conduit ( usually a loose coupling or fitting ) and test the wiring for any damage from the moisture. Wiring in exterior conduit is supposed to be weather proof but it is best to have it checked just to be sure it or the conduit has not been damaged .