poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Caspian tiger river spa. It is the 110 model. It

Customer Question

I have a Caspian tiger river spa. It is the 110 model. It ran fine and I got a bad case of the spa slim. I drained and blew out the lines. There is no filter in the spa right now. My problem is when you power the spa up, the heater starts to get hot and the low volume pump runs but after two to three minutes the red power light flashes. I read in the manual it is because of a blockage somewhere. When you reset the breaker you can turn on the pump it will run for 45 mins to one hour and turn off and the red light flashes. Do you know what the cause could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

You may have a blockage in the low flo pump. You will need to remove the pump and open the front housing to expose the impeller to see if there is a clog in there that is restricting flow. From there check that your flow switch/Pressure switch on the heater is good, this has two wires off the top of the switch going to the board you can jump these wires out when the red light is flashing to see if it starts working again if so replace the switch.