Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a 2002 Hot Springs Grandee I am starting up after

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Hot Springs Grandee I am starting up after sitting for 1 year. Everything appears to work except the control panel "-" button does not turn the heat down. The "+" works and the heater works. The rest of the panel works as expected, its just that one button. I already removed the bezel and tried pushing the buttons directly in the board, but still nothing. The hot tub worked fine when I shut it down last year, and we did move it from one house to the next. I would like to know if there is some sort of function test I can run the button panel through before I purchase a new panel. I assume it could also be the main IQ 2020 board as well. There are no error codes.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

this will be in the keypad itself. Unfortunately there is not a specific test to verify this key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Based on my description do you believe the keypanel is faulty? Based on your description, there isn't a way to check the proper function of it without just replacing it.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

The only way to test would be to go into the circuit board in keypad and troubleshoot the circuitry...only problem is that the board is made by others and is not made to be repaired thus no board schematics are available.

Just like a microwave oven keypad....you take pad off to troubleshoot and all you see is a board...so the board is changed since it is not serviceable. the keypad simply sends info to iq2020...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like there would be an easier way to determine if a problem is in the main circuit board (IQ2020) or in the control panel circuit board. Jumper 2 wires, press a combination of buttons or something to go into a self check mode so a tech could perform some diagnostics. I already ordered a new control panel circuit board just to throw parts at it until its fixed attempt.