Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a Jetsetter J271722 that started gushing water out of

Customer Question

Hi I have a Jetsetter J271722 that started gushing water out of the side of the control compartment - above the above the control box. Not aware there is anything up there. Tub was very full at the time. 2 people got in and the water rose enough to float the filter ch***** *****d.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Specifically this is a Hotsprings tub - the water was gushing from the top side of the control compartment. I could not tell where it was coming from. It continued to spill until the water level in the tub was approximately 6.5 inches below the top of the tub. Breaker tripped but has been restored and the tub is still heating.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

were any functions running at the time such as circ pump or jets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - if they were I would have included that in the problem / situation. Information on what plumbing runs above the top of the control compartment would be appreciated. Leak was center right when facing the compartment. Or if there could be a breach in the filter box that would cause water to overflow through a gap and into the top of the control space.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - its been several days and I have not heard back yet. Any help would be appreciated.