Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a 2002 tiger river spa siberian L. I cleaned my tub 4

Customer Question

I have a 2002 tiger river spa siberian L. I cleaned my tub 4 weeks ago and refilled it twice to make sure no residual cleaner was left. The spa worked great and used it twice. When I went to use it the other night, a red light was blinking on my control panel. I reset both the 20/30 amp breakers, then got a solid red light. I turned on the light and both jets and ran it for 30 minutes. Both jets were working as well as the light. Shortly after I turned off the Jets ( 20 to 25 seconds) their was a sound coming from the access panel that sounded like relays going on and off. Then it stopped and about 3 seconds later, the red light started blinking again. In the trouble shooting section of the manual that came with the spa, it said the blinking red light and not resetting could be caused by either dirty filters, a bad high temp thermistor thermostat, or air in my lines. It's not air in the lines. Both pumps worked and I had water coming out of all the jets. I bought new filters and replaced both the high temp thermistor thermostat and ( recommended by the manual) the control thermistor thermostat. I reset the breakers, the red light was steady, started both jets and let it run for 30 minutes again. As soon as I turned off the jets, the same sounds of relays clickng started again 5 to 10 seconds later and then the red light began blinking again. Could it be a circuit board or possibly the heater? I don't want to spend money on something I don't need.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried running without the filter? Checked any screens?

Is the circulation pump running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive run it with both filters off, same result. I've run it with both pumps individually and they work fine. I'm not able to reset the tub immediately after it shuts down. Usually it'll come on without faulting out after about an hour or so. It stays on long enough to take the 20 steps or so from the breaker box so that I can turn the pumps on and the tub light. If I don't turn the pumps on, it fault within 30 seconds. Once I turn the pumps on, it'll stay running til I turn them off and I've run it for over half an hour several times, turn off the pumps, 15 to 20 seconds later, it sounds like relays clicking on and off and that last about 30 seconds, then stops and shuts down. Then u get a blinking red light and can't reset the tub for about an hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not trip the 20/30 amp breakers. It just shuts down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The breaks don't get hot. The heater where the high temp and control thermistor isn't hot