Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

My pump does not always spin when it is turned on which

Customer Question

My pump does not always spin when it is turned on which causes the relay to trip off. If I spin the fan like disc on the end of the motor, the pump will spin and operate normally. If I turn it off and turn it on again right away, it will spin normally. It doesn't make any undo noise. After being off for a few hours, the problem returns. Does the pump need lubrication or cleaning or must it be replaced? Thank you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

hello, does your pump use a capacitor?....if it uses a capacitor you would replace the cap first. If no cap the start windings are weak and the motor would be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it uses a capacitor. There is a cylinder about 3" long, 1.5" in diameter in a box on top of the motor. It has written on it COMAR condensatori, MKA 20-450, uF20, UN 400 Vac B, UN 450 Vac C. The pump is a Kripsol ONDINA OK 100B with a TEFC Motor.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

thank you, ***** ***** check with a local dealer about a suitable capacitor. Best case = capacitor is available and works....worst case is replace motor