Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a Arctic Spa 2000 Midnight Sun Heater seals around

Customer Question

I have a Arctic Spa 2000 Midnight Sun
Heater seals around the heat exchanger tubes are gone in it. I have found this similiar one
http://www.expresshottubparts.com/therm-products-heater-2550-5251-5-5kw-240v-arctic-spas-compatible/ but that company said they spoke to the heater provider and said it won't work as a replacement for my heater, I sent them a picture. But I think it might since my controller is 5 pin mini as well. So I was wondering if in deed it would and they are just trying to make an extra $$ of me.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is on the arctic spas website, but according to the picture that heater doesn't have the 5 pin mini
http://www.arctichottubparts.com/heater-90-degree-with-cord-55kw-45-degree-discharge-p-5063.html
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

hello,

not good news for aftermarket parts for this heater.

Your only direct fit is the OEM heater. Unless you retro fit all wiring and plumbing, this is the only option with this heater.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay, we don't work on Sunday.So your saying the flange nuts are different and the 5 pin mini plug won't fit my panel? or its wired internally different on the later spas...? What do you mean by 'all wiring and plumbing'