Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have an old Whirlpool Cielo variable speed hot tub with a

Customer Question

I have an old Whirlpool Cielo variable speed hot tub with a 0095E00C (discontinued) motor that has been replaced by part 0035F00C. However, it appears the new moter does not come with the speed control, which makes me wonder if my controller has gone out rather than the motor. I've confirmed power; the control button inside the tub still has its red light on, but pressing it now does nothing. The control button has a four wire ribbon cable that runs into the motor housing itself. What are some recommended diagnostics I can do to determine what to replace? The new controller seems to be more than the motor! I need to know what to replace, and with what part!
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

hello do you have a voltmeter with pin touch points?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

excellent..and a viable schematic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please post as much as possible in your answer, so we don't have to iterate too much. A schematic of what? The pump and controller? No. However, I finally found what I believe to be the controller board installed in this pump:http://www.inyopools.com/Products/07501352047007.htmThe pump is also sometimes referred to as R150VS19C.I haven't removed the pump assembly from the tub yet.. it will now probably be Thursday evening before I have a chance to do that, but I'd like to line up my diagnosis procedure before then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have solved the initial question on my own, since I did not hear back from you. You may close this question. (For others reading, I bypassed the control board and determined the pump still worked. Do not do this unless you have some electrical knowledge, as you are dealing with high voltage. A new board is on the way.)