Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

My pump motor just burned up (capacitor on end of motor was

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. My pump motor just burned up (capacitor on end of motor was smoking) and now the whole hot tub will not power up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I took the pump motor off to replace a leaky shaft seal. I re-installed the motor. It started smoking then the whole hot tub powered down. I checked both breakers, and the fuses on the board. I have power going to the board but thats alll i can figure so far. Power is not going to the pumps or the display
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yep, I got nothing but time right now.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked both circuit breakers and verified that I have power going to the circuit board. It is a balboa board and the red light on the board is blinking quickly. I unplugged the suspect motor hoping the rest of the hot tub would power up but no such luck
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

hello,

is there a chance the wiring was confused when reinstalling?