Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a Jacuzzi j380 around 2004 vintage. FLO error is

Customer Question

Hi I have a Jacuzzi j380 around 2004 vintage. FLO error is showing. Replaced Circ pump and flow switch. will warm once to temp then errors FLO. I have discovered that if I put my finger over the warm water outlet in the tub, the back pressure clears the FLO error. Can you tell me which sensor is kaput?
thank you for your assistance.
***** *****
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

see page 53 and 59 HERE

Have you checked for any debris in the system that could be lodging at the switch?

Any sediment from heater?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Billy,
Thanks for the info. I disconnected and then reversed the flow at the circ pump. I hope that blew out any debris that may have been caught in the circuit. When you say switch, do you mean the flow switch? I've replaced that and it's clear plastic so I can see that there is no debris. How would I check for sediment at the heater - remove the heater unit?
Thanks,Peter.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

yes..that is the best way...actually take it out and drain...even run a ridlyme or vinegar through it.

If you see flakes coming out..you know it needs cleaned

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Billy - may be a few days before I can get to it now. Any other thoughts while I have the heater unit out? In this model, can I check the hi limit switch and temp sensor for correct operation?
Thanks,
Peter.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

yes you can, but neither would generate a flow fault

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks - I'll remove and check the heater- it'll be the weekend now -chat with you in a few days.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

understood. Keep this on your end and disregard any computer generated prompts

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy Saturday Billy.
Well I've stripped down the jacuzzi and looked at the heater element it's still attached to the back of the electric box, I've run water through it from a faucet and it appears to be flowing freely, no sign of any obstructions or calcification. I also checked the hot water outlet into the tub and it is also clear. Before this morning, the FLO error was on and I confirmed that by putting my finger over the hot water outlet, I could feel some flow, when I sealed it and the pressure built up, the main pump kicked in and the heater came on. Not sure what's next. For my info, what do the small tubes, running from each main pump to the "T" in the flow switch, do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again - I've just noticed the arrow on the flow switch, it's been the same way since a tech came and replaced the circ pump. Is the direction of flow through the switch towards the heater and pump or towards the main tub? That could be why the heater kicks in when the back pressure builds up with my finger - the flow switch is in the wrong way...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I confirmed that the flow switch is installed correctly. I put everything back together and started the system. It came up to temp ok and then, when it switched off, the FLO error came on again. Perhaps it is the board that is the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - it's been more than 24 hours since I sent my last email - no response... Peter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no response...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can anyone help me with this issue?