Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work
64367226

I have a 3/4 hp sta-rite PRO Jet well pump. The well water

Customer Question

I have a 3/4 hp sta-rite PRO Jet well pump. The well water has some fine sand, silt and iron in it. There is a filter between the well and the pump. The filter does not eliminate the suspended materials in the water. Some of the bigger particles are not removed and settle here and there in the system. I get suction at the top of the well pipe. The suction increases as I hold my over the pipe. It pulls some skin pretty good. It does not pump any at all. Air does get into the system. should I try to seal adding something like formagasket
to the filter gaskets? Evan when I seem to have gotten most of the air out of the pump there is no water output.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. The filter should be after the well tee and not between the well and the pump. The water from the well to the pump should always be unrestricted. When the filter is clogged it will make the pump work harder than it should. The filter goes after the bladder. The bladder pressure is now also too high if you pumped it up to 20 psi. Check your pressure switch to see what you have. 20/60, 30/50 for example. To set the correct pressure for your tank you would turn the power off and release the water pressure by opening a faucet. Once the pressure is released then pump the air pressure to be 2 psi less than the turn on pressure. For example if you have a 30/50 pressure switch then the air pressure should be 28 psi.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I would like to assume that the information was helpful but would very much like some confirmation from you.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful or is there any clarification needed?