Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

My hot tub doesn't seem to heat up enough to be warm, even

Customer Question

Hi, my hot tub doesn't seem to heat up enough to be warm, even though the light indicates it is warming up ?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It heats to about 26c, but not the 35c temperature I have set it to. I have tried cleaning the filters and turning off the tub for a few days to hopefully reset itself etc. Electrics are Balboa.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

You might have the hot tub in Sleep mode or Economy mode this will slow down or stop the heater you need to set the filtration to Standard. If you have the owners manual for your spa find the section on MODES this will tell you how to change them, usually with balboa it is the Temp button followed by the light button within 3 seconds of each other and each time you do this sequence it will change 1 mode so you will see one of the following:

Ec

Sl

St

You want the St mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the manual. Mine doesn't have sleep or economy mode. I have played around just to double check. What else could it be ? Please help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to help ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Every spa has more than one mode. I have come across some that only have Economy and Standard modes, and you will only be able to tell which mode you are in by sequencing the modes to know if Standard or Economy. Here is a great resource for your control system it is the service manual.

http://www.aquaspapak.com/Websites/aquaspapak/Images/Service%20manual%20MSPA-MP%20ANG.PDF

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't actually help me if I am honest. I will request a refund. This has ta***** *****er than expected to get responses and I could have searched the web for a manual