Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have purchased a Haywood Swim Clear filter and it ran

Customer Question

I have purchased a Haywood Swim Clear filter and it ran about 3 weeks and according to the installers I needed to clean the filters when the needle passed the red needle. I was surprised it happened so soon but I removed the top as instructed and noticed the top piece that held the filters had caved in on one end. My dealer ordered a new one which I replaced today. I still have high pressure and almost no flow into the pool. I recleaned the filters and that also did not help. I have almost no flow into the skimmer and have 4 inflow into the pool two at the steps and one in the shallow end and one in the deep end. nothing is coming out of the one in the deep end or the shallow end. One on the steps has a small amount and the other one even less.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have a blocked off line either on the suction or return pressure. High pressure in the filter housing means water is getting into the filter but being partially or completely blocked trying to get out. Look for a closed valve in the system. Now also just for the sake of it look at where the plumbing goes into the filter housing and at each connection (there are two one in and one out) be sure that the filter was installed with the flow of water being correct, meaning that the pipe that comes out of the pump is the filter inlet line and the filter outlet line is the one going back to the pool return lines. What you are describing sounds a lot like a filter that was plumbed in backwards.