Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I have no power to my pool equipment this morning. Earlier

Customer Question

I have no power to my pool equipment this morning. Earlier in the week, my hardwood floors were being repaired and their equipment caused the breaker to flip. When I noticed pool equipment wasn't working yesterday, I looked at breakers and reset it. Everything worked as normal. When I got in last night at 11pm, lights were on, pool mode was going, everything seemed fine. Now this morning, no power to pool equipment. Breakers were not flipped, but I reset them anyway. Still no power to pool equipment. No other electrical problems in the house or yard. I have a Jandy AquaLink RS that's about 6 yrs old. Any suggestions
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. Your description would indicate a bad connection has failed. It may be where the breaker attaches to the buss, a bad wire connection in the circuit or in the pump wiring compartment. You'll need to look for signs of arcing or melted insulation.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The first thing to check is the breaker. Pull it out and inspect the jaws for signs of arcing or corrosion.